BUILDING FOR THE FUTURE – Stop Lying to yourself.
Burdened with debt, people who are building for the future will have a hard time thinking about, let alone talking about, saving for retirement. But, addressing your’ debt ratios early on you can get set on the right path. It’s simple advice, but it’s true: the earlier you start saving, the more time you will have to build a retirement nest egg.
Here’s an example of how making simple spending changes can make a difference over time:*
- By brewing their own coffee, clients can save $5 per weekday, for a total of $88,471 over 30 years.
- By making a lunch, they can save $10 per weekday, for a total of $176,941 over 30 years.
- And when they do both, that’s a grand total of $265,412 of savings over 30 years.7
It is important to understand where you are spending your money. As a Trusted Associate Financial Advisor with the Co Operators Insurance in Ottawa and a Law of Success Coach – The # 1 thing I tell my clients – “STOP LYING TO YOURSELF – NOTHING GREAT EVERY HAPPENS IN YOUR COMFORT ZONE”. You need to make some changes in your habits if you want to change your future.
Questions to consider for people who are building for the future:
- How much debt do you have?
- Do you have a plan to sustain your lifestyle without incurring debt?
- Are you putting extra money to work by investing it for future spending?
- Are you the primary income provider? If you got sick or died unexpectedly, could your family’s lifestyle continue without your income, or would they be able to pay off this debt with only one income?
This is a call to action. Let’s get the conversation started!
Kimberly Pringle, Associate Financial Advisor 613-408-3896
#ottawa #financial #retirement #lawofattraction #coffee #dept